Orneville Township, Piscataquis County, Maine

 Back    Link    New Search

 County

Piscataquis County (set off from Lincoln County to Hancock County in 1789, to Penobscot County in 1816, to Piscataquis County in 1838)

 Incorporated

1832 as the town of Milton; name changed to Almond in 1841, and to Orneville in 1843; incorporation repealed in 1939, and organization surrendered in 1945

 Previous Designations

Township No. 1, Sixth Range North of Waldo Plantation (T1 R6 NWP); Boyd's Plantation

 Boundary Changes

Land was set off to Atkinson in 1837

 Villages, Locations and Settlements

Boyd Lake (Boyd's Lake), Boydstown (former post office), Parkers (former railroad station), Summit (former post office)

 Adjacent Towns and Townships

Atkinson, Bradford, Lagrange, Medford, Milo

 Maps

Historical USGS Maps of Orneville, Maine

 Bibliography

Heath, Eleanor Parkman Henderson, Bits and pieces of life on Philpot Ridge and of the history of Orneville, Maine ([S.l.: s.n.], 1999)

New Search