County · Organized · Previous Designations · Adjacent Towns and Townships · Maps
Franklin County (set off from Cumberland County to Oxford County in 1805, to Franklin County in 1838)
In 1849 from part of Carthage as Plantation No. 4, with what became in 1858 Perkins Plantation (now Perkins Township). Reorganized as Washington Plantation in 1860, later deorganized.
Township No. 4
Carthage, Temple, Perkins Township, Wilton
Historical USGS Maps of Washington Plantation, Maine